IRIS is a remote telemetry unit (RTU) that serves to empower the user with data. The IRIS system, once utilized, provides control, monitoring and detailed information relating to each physical device linked to it.
IRIS comprises two main elements:
- Hardware: The IRIS rack is fully dual redundant. It has a PLC control system with various modules sized to the required I/O of the site or process, for both safe and hazardous areas. This unique PLC system connects the real world to IRIS’s virtual world.
- Software: The IRIS software is unique, in that it is a non-licensed, web-based software for interrogation and communication to the IRIS hardware. As long as a user has a computer with a web browser, anyone with the right permissions can access, monitor and even control the IRIS system and all devices connected to it.
IRIS remote telemetry can be accessed and configured from most internet browsers, allowing swift data access, retrieval, analysis and easy fault reporting. On the site, the user has easy access via a touchscreen interface to all the local data. Everything the user needs – from drawings, manuals and data sheets of any specific instrument connected to the IRIS system, or that of the IRIS system itself – is imbedded within IRIS and accessed by app style buttons.
Why choose Orbital’s IRIS?
IRIS remote telemetry allows any user from anywhere in the world to easily monitor and control their assets. IRIS has specifically been designed to offer improvement in efficiency, reduce operating costs, enhance stability, heighten security and most importantly – improve the interface between sites, control room and operatives at all levels and locations.
Features of the IRIS remote telemetry system:
- Easy to use app driven software
- License-free web based software
- Redundant hardware and operating system
- Low maintenance
- Faulty operating parts can be hot swapped with zero set up
- Extensive diagnostic tools
- Large storage capacity of data for equipment connected to IRIS and of the site/process (e.g. manuals, data sheets, drawings can be accessed via IRIS)
- Highly secure
- Secure log in with user permissions
- Users can access any of their IRIS systems remotely and globally via web browser
Contact us for more information.
IRIS-RTU features innovative, accessible and intuitive browser-driven software. The system enables seamless integration with versatile input/output modules – allowing this RTU to be used for a range of tasks, from the simple to the most demanding of applications. READ MORE