Orbital is a provider of custom-built engineering solutions, and has the capabilities at its state-of-the-art UK head office to provide systems that meet the needs of the most demanding of clients. With 45,000 ft2 of manufacturing space, Orbital’s UK base supports projects globally. Orbital also provides local support from its global bases.
Having delivered innovations that have redefined international standards, Orbital now handles hundreds of contracts ranging in value to multi-million dollar global projects on a regular basis. We are equipped to handle large scale projects and are able to acquire additional resources when necessary.
- Helical Strakes: Lab Testing Thermowells & Sample Probes Orbital Gas Systems, in partnership with Daily Thermetrics, conducted flow testing on May 1, 2017, at a respected North American independent metering research facility. This first-of-its-kind test proved the effects of vortex-induced-vibration on traditional and helical probe geometries in a typical high-pressure, high-velocity pipeline environment. This testing was commissioned to validate thousands of hours of ... READ MORE
- Orbital Gas Systems Awarded Further Innovation Contract HOUSTON – Orbital Gas Systems Ltd (“Orbital”), a CUI Global company, has been awarded a further contract by DNV GL under the UK National Gas Network Innovation Competition. The order will see Orbital work in partnership with DNV GL over a 36 month period to study the distribution of unconventional gases such as bio-methane within the ... READ MORE
- Systech Taps Orbital to Collaborate on Case Study In September 2010, Orbital installed the gas monitoring and treatment plant on the UK’s very first large-scale bio-methane-to-grid production facility. This site was designed specifically to provide a renewable energy supply by generating bio-methane for injection into the existing gas network. The facility at Didcot, Oxfordshire, generates bio-methane by the anaerobic digestion of waste from ... READ MORE
- Elimination of vortex induced vibration in sample probes and thermowells using helical strakes; a report on the development, testing and proving of a helical design Vortex induced vibration (VIV) is a phenomenon experienced by bluff bodies placed directly in the flow of fluids traveling at velocity in a prevalent direction. As the fluid passes and moves around the body in the flow, vortices form and are shed from the lateral surfaces of the body in an alternating pattern. The alternating ... READ MORE
- GasPTi for the glass industry – take control of your industrial processes Given the quantities of Natural Gas consumed during large industrial operations such as glass manufacture, even very slight changes in gas quality can have financial, operational and environmental implications in the medium and long term. It would therefore seem self-explanatory that a cost-effective means of rapidly accurately monitoring gas quality would be ubiquitous in every ... READ MORE
- GasPTi-LP for Furnace Control Case Study Based on a real application, some assumptions are made regarding the operating conditions of a typical furnace and the variations which can be expected in gas quality that will inevitably affect the setting of control system parameters. This note is produced to demonstrate the typical improvements, savings and payback which can be expected with the ... READ MORE
- H2S Comparison Testing: VE Technology Versus Conventional System Orbital conducted a H2S comparison testing between its VE Technology system and a conventional system, to demonstrate the benefits of VE Technology. Orbital tested the client’s chromatograph and the pipeline simulator. Results The results were expanded/extrapolated so as to represent a test gas in excess of the entry limits. 3.3 ppm is the legal limit and if readings ... READ MORE
- VE Technology: A more accurate solution to trace mercury sampling VE Technology is an innovative sampling philosophy that solves problems associated with traditional trace mercury sampling techniques. Traditionally, trace mercury sampling requires a sample of natural gas, of known or measured mass, to be passed over a gold-quartz or activated carbon cartridge or ‘trap’ in a glass tube, at low pressure. All the mercury in the ... READ MORE
- VE Technology: Sampling of trace moisture and mercury for the production of LNG Traditional methods for measuring moisture and mercury in LNG samples are inefficient and unlikely to provide accurate, effective and reliable sampling results. The VE Technology in-bed sample probe provides solutions to the problems encountered with current sampling methods and introduces major improvements to gas sampling systems. Solution Orbital’s VE Technology utilizes a number of basic principles to ... READ MORE
- GasPTi – Plug & Play Case Study GasPTi is a fully integrated solution, incorporating the unique features of VE Technology and the unrivalled performance of the GasPT; performing every function required to take a sample and provide a data output. To name just a few of the benefits associated with the GasPTi, it has less than +0.5% error on measured values for ... READ MORE